1. The Alexandra dredge - the last dredge in the region - front view - 1962
2. Side view of the Alexandra Dredge
3. The view from the font showing the bucket line
4. A photograph opportunity for the last dredge crew
5. A photograph opportunity for the last dredge crew
6. The dredge crew at work
7. Repairs being made to a dredge bucket
8. The final product being weighed
9. The main winch block. Sixe winches control the position of the dredge and the elevation of the bucket line.
10. The trummel - via which the diggings are sorted by size
11. The dredge being dismantled
12. The dredge being dismantled
13. The dredge being dismantled
14. View across the tailing to the Old Man Range. The last dredge pond on the right.
15. The dam site buildings with small dredge in foreground
16. Riverside working area adjacent to Clyde
17. The small dredge with its pontoon conveyor belt to the digger which transfers the diggings to the river-side conveyor belt
18. The small dredge lowering the bottom of the river downstream from the dam
19. Building the conveyor belt to transport the diggings from the small dredge
20. The completed conveyor belt
21. The drilling platform (with its four stabiliser legs)
To clear the bootom of the river in this area a drilling platform loosened the bottom rock and a digger transferred the rubble to a barge which then transported it downstream to offload on-shore where Road metals is today.
22. Downstream from the drilling platform are the barge and digger
23. The barge with the digger behind
24. Blasting downstream from the drilling platform
25. Unloading the barge
26. Unloading the barge
27. Unloading the barge
28. Unloading the barge
29. Aerial view of the area where the rubble was uunloaded from the barges (in cutting lower left) then transported via conveyor belts across the area
30. A second aerial view of the unloading area - where Road Metals is today.